No victim of crime would ever volunteer to forever waive their rights to privacy about the crimes they survived, and yet the system is doing exactly that without providing prior notice to any woman attacked in her home that the record of her attack including the felonies of her assailants would forever follow HER in public record. We need to unite and create legislation that will forever ban this unconscionable life sentence for victims.
People who are charged with a crime are read Miranda rights prior to making statements, in light of the current failure for the system to adequately protect innocent people-we need to make our own Victims Rights. I am going to start with this basic outline based upon my experience of rights victims of crime need to have if they are going to live with dignity after surviving horrific crimes.
- To be informed prior to making a Victims statement that anything they say to police as a Victim of crime will become public record and posted onto google.
- The right to not make any victim statement or have any made about them by police in public record.
- The express right to not provide personal details about being Victimized because those will later end up on google and follow the innocent Victim of crime for life.
- The right to know the felonies of each of the Victims assailants will be posted to the public record of the victim.
- To be informed about these Victim Rights- and then the right to not report any crime or have any crime reported about them due to understanding that the reporting of the crime will result in the loss of rights listed above which will forever mark innocent victim with a criminal record despite not having committed a single crime.
- The right to be notified when personal information is going to be released, and the right to be adequately protected when the release of personal victim information causes the exact hardship that one would reasonably assume would be caused by such systemic inhumanity.